Thursday, February 16

What do I do on Valentines day?

There seems to be some confusion among guys as to what they should do on Valentines day.  Typically recovering nice guys, who previously were all chocolates, flowers and expensive dinners, swing too far in the opposite direction and become Mr Badass McJerk and tell a girl 'fuck off I'm playing Call of Duty that day'.


Like many things in life, I believe it's all about balance.  I like to do nice and thoughtful things to everybody I care about in my life but I do them because I want to, not because I feel I have to or as some kind of 'business exchange' for vaginal access.

When it comes to birthdays, Valentines Days or Xmas, what I do depends on what type of relationship I have with the girl (or what type of relationship I want to have with her).

For example;

FB's - Anything from nothing to a text message.
Women I am dating (i.e. MLTR potential but still early days) - Text message to a phone call.
MLTRs - Phone call to a simple bunch of flowers.
Primary LTR or Girlfriend - A simple bunch of flowers to something nicer (dinner, etc).

I also like to cook for a girl on Valentines day.  It's thoughtful, personal and doesn't get caught up in all the commercial bullshit surrounding the day.

The above is not a hard and fast rule.  Sometimes I'll do a little more and somethings I'll do a little less, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment